Sign up now for the 2017 Sauk County 4-H Farm Safety Certification course starting February 7, 2017. The Farm Safety course will be held on Tuesday evenings from 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm at St. Peters Lutheran Church in Loganville, WI. The cost is $20 for six evening classes and one driving test. Enrollment is open to anyone 12 years old and up. You can register by calling 608-355-3251 today.
When and where will the course be held?
Classes every Tuesday Night from 4:30PM – 8:30 PM at St. Peters Lutheran Church, 325 Mill Street, Loganville, WI
- February 7
- February 14
- February 21
- February 28
- March 7
- March 14
Youth need a minimum of 24 hours of instruction to be eligible to be certified.
**Driving Test on Saturday, March 18
Why should you take theFarm Safety Course?
- To learn safe procedures to help prevent accidents.
- All minors ages 14-15 need to have a certificate of completion to work on a farm not owned by immediate family members.
- To legally drive a tractor on a road without a driver’s license.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a certificate of completion to drive at the Badger Steam & Gas Engine Show.
- If you are under 16 years of age, you need a certificate of completion to plow at the “Good Ole’ Boys” Plow Days.
What will I learn in the Farm Safety Course?
The following topics will be covered in the Farm Safety Course:
- Driving on the Road
- Driving in a Field
- Farmstead Safety
- Equipment Maintenance
- Chain Saw Operation
- CPR Certification
- Animal Handling Safety
- Dangers of Flowing Grain
- Fire Extinguisher Use
- PTO Cautions
How do I register?
Call the Sauk County University Wisconsin Extension office at 608-355-3251