2016-17 Local Government Issues, Challenges, and Strategies
Monthly Teleconferences now through July 18, 2017
Hear experts discuss issues of current concern to local government officials in Wisconsin–from elections to broadband to road funding. There will be time for questions. All teleconferences are on Tuesday mornings from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon.
- Assessing And Addressing Local Service Needs, December 20, 2016
The provision of mandated, emergency, critical infrastructure, social and other services is a central role of local government. Learn how demographic trends will shape demand for non-essential community services, as well as techniques local officials can use to better understand and plan for changing service needs.
- Fire and EMS Planning Amid Changing Demographics, January 17, 2017
- Cybersecurity, February 21, 2017
- Managing Public Records, March 21, 2017
- Manure Management: Issues for Local Officials, April 18, 2017
- Road and Transportation Funding, May 16, 2017
- Filling Our Shoes: Where will the next generation of local officials come from? June 20, 2017
- How to Use State Contracts for Local Government Purchasing, July 18, 2017
These teleconferences are audio-only. You attend by telephone. Connection information and reference materials are sent one week before the presentation.
Register online or call 608-262-0810.
Registration fee is $20.00, ($150.00 if you register for all ten).
For more information about each teleconference, download the 2016 Local Government Issues, Challenges, and Strategies teleconference series brochure.